On Saturday, our family celebrated the end of the holiday by heading up the mountain together to go skiing. I even rented skis for the day - a first in 10 years!
Jay and I took turns going down runs with Jack - and playing (skiing) in the kids area with Kate. It was really fun to ski with Jack. But as I was following him down the hill, I couldn't help but be shocked that I now have a boy that is old enough to lead me down the mountain. And I couldn't help but be embarrassed that I think we're basically at the same ski ability level right now. :)
He took his mother through a few kiddy obstacle courses which are fun when your skis are only a few feet long - but downright scary with long skis. He thought my fear was hilarious, and loved torturing his mother around the hill.
We had a great lunch together in the ski lodge, and then afterwards, Kate and I headed down on the gondola - while Jay and Jack completed their final "ski down" at the end of the day.
That night, we all ate together as a family (only because the Kids Club was closed on Saturdays), and it was really fun to celebrate our big week together.
No comments:
Post a Comment